Transferring students

Transfer to and from Writtle University College

It may take time to settle into university life and your course, but sometimes students may feel that they want to transfer to another course or a different university/provider. The process of transferring varies by university/provider but you should be supported along the way, have an opportunity to discuss options open to you and ask questions. Staff here at Writtle University College will be available to explain how the transfer process works, support you with your decision and help you with completing the paperwork.

If you are an international student studying on a Student Visa you will need to speak directly with International Admissions.

Q: Can I transfer to Writtle University College?

It is possible for students studying at other universities to be considered for a transfer to Writtle University College. This will depend on course availability and meeting the course entry criteria.  Simply email with the following information: your name and phone number; your current course; the course that you are interested in studying and your academic history.  If time is an issue, you are welcome to phone the Admissions Team on 01245 424200, who will put you in touch with the course subject team.

If you are considering transferring into year 2 or 3 using credits already gained (direct entry), this will depend on the content of your current studies, level of modules, credit gained and how this compares to the content of our course.   All applications are considered on an individual basis.

More details can be found online:

If you are considering transferring you will need to apply through UCAS online at

Q: I’ve already started on my course at Writtle University College and I would like to transfer to a course another university/provider, is this possible?

You will need to ensure that you have contacted the university/provider offering the course you are interested in joining to find out whether there are places available and if they will consider you for a course transfer.  If, after careful consideration and discussion, you wish to transfer to another university, you will need to notify your course manager here at Writtle University College that you will be leaving so that they can complete the necessary paperwork.  At this stage you should also contact the Writtle University College Student Finance team, who will help with any questions you many have in relation to your student finance and/or student loan.

Q: I have already started at Writtle University College and I would like to make an internal transfer to a different course. Is this possible?

It may be possible to transfer to a different course here at WUC. The first step is to discuss the potential transfer with your current course manager.  Your course manager will support you with the transfer process.  You should research the new course and also speak direct with the course manager of the course you are interested in transferring to.  The course team will consider the transfer and take into account any specific subject knowledge and entry requirement you will need to meet. 

You do not need to reapply through UCAS.  Your course manager will complete the internal paperwork which you will need to sign.  The Writtle University College Student Finance Team, where applicable, will notify the Student Loans Company through the change of circumstance process.

Q: Would transferring affect my Student Loan?

There may be some financial implications of transferring to a different course, which you will need to consider before deciding to go ahead with a course transfer.  It is important to speak to your university student finance team.  It is also important to let the relevant student finance company know of your decision to transfer.