Applications are welcomed from eligible students considering joining Writtle University College (WUC) in September 2023.
Each application will be assessed on a case by case basis, based on the most promising students who meet the eligibility criteria who have demonstrated their commitment to their chosen subject specialism in their supporting statement. Decision for the awards will be made by the VC Scholarship Panel and you will automatically be informed if you are successful. For September 2023 - the panel will meet following the closing date Mid July and will confirm successful awardees by early August.
- Open to All international Students (including EU) studying on a full-time Undergraduate programme and paying international fees
- The award will be £3000 per annum applied as a discount from fees for each year of study
- Awards are capped at a maximum of 10 student awards per year
- The award will be a discount from fees. No other cash alternative if offered
Applications are invited from students with a strong academic background, exceeding the outlined standard course entry requirements. (Note that this will be cross referenced by home country qualification comparison using the ENIC website). Applicants should provide clear evidence of personal commitment/ambition in subject area, for example by completing community or university based projects and demonstrating clear ambition/focus in the subject field. Applicants should also be willing to represent the University College in marketing activity for future international recruitment.
To be eligible for a VC International Undergraduate or Postgraduate scholarship, students must:
- Have a received a conditional/unconditional offer to study on a FULL-TIME programme at the University College by 1st July 2023.
- Be self-funding and must be confirmed as an overseas student for fee paying purposes.
- Only one scholarship award can be made per student and the award cannot normally be held in conjunction with other awards.
- Have met / or be progressing well to meet the necessary Student Visa requirements in accordance with UKVI.
- Not be in receipt of funding discounts for fees from external bodies such as local Government, charities or private organisations.
- Complete the online ‘VC Scholarship application form’ as soon as possible after their application and no later than 1st July 2023. All information, which will be used for consideration, must be presented on the application form.
- Successful recipients of the Vice-Chancellor's Scholarship will be required to act as an ambassador for the University for the duration of your studies, which may involve but is not limited to the following: representing WUC at open events, contributing to marketing and promotional materials, participating in international student events, acting as a mentor to fellow students and contributing to/creating a blog to report on your experience at WUC.
Please note that any agents fees will be calculated on the discounted fee invoice (% commission will be based on the fee invoice after deducting award). Tuition fee discount will be deducted from the final tuition fee instalment invoice which is payable in December.
HOW TO APPLY
A step-by-step guide to applying:
- Make your application to Writtle University College following guidance, application form.
- Once you have received an offer to study with us you should check the eligibility criteria to ensure you are eligible to apply for the Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarship.
- When you are in receipt of an offer for an eligible undergraduate or postgraduate course, you will be able to apply for the Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarship. We will email you with an invitation to our online form to apply for the scholarship.
- Submit your application for the Vice-Chancellor’s scholarship by providing confirmation of your qualifications as well as your personal statement demonstrating your outstanding attributes, both personal and academic, how you have demonstrated commitment to your chosen industry and subject specialism and how you will use your Writtle University College degree to achieve your future ambitions. You will also need to commit to act as an ambassador to Writtle University College to help drive increased student recruitment and support for other international students.
HOW SCHOLARSHIPS WILL BE AWARDED
A panel of senior staff from the University will determine successful scholarship awardees. This ‘VC Scholarship Panel’ will comprise of the Vice Chancellor, Director of HE (or nominated Head of School/Academic Staff) Head of Registry & Admissions and Head of Recruitment & Marketing. Applications are encouraged from offer holders as soon as possible in academic year before entry. Applicants will be advised if they have been successful within 2 weeks of the panel review date. The panel will meet following the closing date Mid July and will confirm successful awardees by early August.
For continuing students (Undergraduate) academic performance must be achieved at the end of Year 1 and 2 and in receipt of a positive reference from course tutors. Continued students ongoing award of the scholarship would be reviewed in July at the end of the first and second academic years.
Awards made to students who subsequently decline their offer or are unable to study at Writtle University College will be withdrawn and reallocated as appropriate.