This year representatives from Writtle College will be in Chelmsford town centre on Tuesday 17 May in support of Adult Learners’ Week (Monday 16 May and Friday 20 May).
Further information events highlighting the huge range of learning opportunities on offer in Essex will also be held in other town centres around the county during the week.
The University of Essex, working in partnership with Essex Adult Community Learning, Further Education colleges and Colchester Learning Shop are running the events to show people the different courses on offer.
Aside from Writtle the other Colleges taking part include Chelmsford College, Colchester Institute, Harlow College, South Essex College and Southend Adult Community College.
The information events will be held at the following locations:
• Monday 16 May: Colchester – Colchester Learning Shop, 11am-3pm; Harlow – Outside Primark, 9:30am-3:30pm
• Tuesday 17 May: Chelmsford – Outside Barclays Bank, 9:30am-3:30pm; Braintree – George Yard, 10am-3pm
• Wednesday 18 May: Southend – Victoria Shopping Plaza, 10am to 3pm
• Thursday 19 May: Clacton – Christmas Island, 9:30am-3:30pm
• Friday 20 May: Basildon – Costa Piazza, 9:30am-3:30pm; Witham – Grove Shopping Centre, 10am-2pm
The University of Essex’s Education Outreach Officer John Orchard, said: “There are so many opportunities in Essex for people to learn new skills or study the subjects that interest them.
"These events bring together all the key learning providers in one place so you find out what is happening in your area and discover the right course for you.”