A brand new student portal was launched this week for all Writtle Higher Education and Further Education students. The new portal called ‘MyDay’ went live on Monday 25 January and is a one-stop-shop for everything students need to know about life at Writtle.
The portal enables students to access all their key documents, calendars and other resources at any time, from any location and with any device (including tablets and mobiles). It also incorporates a personalised dashboard with many useful features including:
• Instant access to student email
• Personalised daily calendar and timetable
• Course information – which links to ‘Moodle’
• Easy access to Library information, as well as a direct link to the online library system ‘Heritage’
• Print credits and Library balances
• Social media feeds – for both the Students’ Union and main Writtle College accounts
• Ability to report IT and computer faults
• Ability to report property and accommodation faults
• Personalised attendance monitoring
• Details of College events
Students can change and personalise the homepage dashboard by re-ordering and re-sizing the ‘tiles’ depending on their own preference and priorities.
The new portal has been in development for many months and student groups have been involved in the testing process to ensure it meets the student requirements. The Students’ Union Academic Sabbatical Officer, Lorne Knights, said: “We at the Students’ Union believe that the new MyDay Portal will be a great addition to a student’s academic arsenal. Easy to use and amazingly helpful, it will provide the students with a great platform to better interact with the College as an institution.”
Lesley Graham, Vice Principal Academic for Writtle College, also commented: “The new online portal will enable students to access key resources and information about the College anywhere and at any time. We feel it is important to invest in new initiatives such as this to continually enhance the student experience”.