Covid-19 has had a significant impact on us all. As we move out of lockdown and into the next phase, we want to be central in helping our industries recover. Collaborating with Writtle University College, one of the oldest specialist institutions in the UK, can give you access to both College and Degree-educated students and our academics who are passionate about their chosen fields and are ready to make a difference.
How can we help you? Here's a variety of ways:
1. Innovation Internships: SME's based within the East of England can benefit from a Writtle student or graduate intern for just a fraction of the normal costs: WUC is part of the EIRA (Enabling Innovation: Research to Application) network and we have several funded 6-12 week Internships to offer employer partners in the East of England: not only do we hope this could aid your organisations at this time but you will in turn really benefit our students by giving them relevant work experience and enhancing their employability skills.
This is a fantastic opportunity to have a Writtle student or graduate in your organisation for just a fraction of the normal costs!
2. EIRA (Enabling Innovation: Research to Application) Innovation Vouchers
The innovation vouchers help pay for our academic experts to provide you with bespoke consultancy that can help you with investigating ways to stimulate your company's growth, improve efficiency and productivity. They can also help to investigate the feasibility of new services and products as well as aiding employee development.
3. Recruit an Apprentice: Hiring an apprentice is a productive and effective way for any business to grow talent and develop a motivated, skilled and qualified workforce. We offer a free recruitment service to help you advertise your apprenticeship vacancy and provider guidance and support, which can be particularly valuable if it’s your first employee or apprentice. We are pleased to announce that from now until January 2021 you are able to access the government employer incentive of up to £3,000 for employing a new apprentice! Subjects include Animal Care, Horticulture and Landscaping, Horse Care and Veterinary Nursing. To find out more details please email email@example.com
4. Host/join one of our virtual careers events or guest speaker lectures and engage with a number of our students to share your industry expertise and gain access to our student talent as well as our academics.
5. Host a Placement student (either virtually or at a Covid compliant place of work) for a short or longer term industry placement. Not only are you reaching out and benefiting the next generation of talent but placement students bring a wealth of enthusiasm and fresh ideas. Watch this space for details of exciting new placement opportunities for next summer too!
6. Become a Mentor for one of our students and guide new talent in your industries - gaining fresh perspectives along the way.
We have the opportunities and the talent - let Writtle University College help your organisations to recover and thrive.
Please contact Tara Simpson - Employability Manager for further information - firstname.lastname@example.org