Your Accommodation Needs

WUC Accommodation welcomes and supports applications from disabled students or those with medical and support needs.

Reasonable adjustments could include accommodation that is accessible, en suite room, level access bedroom, room in a quieter area, individual fridge etc.

We would recommend that if you are likely to need support for accommodation you contact us as soon as possible so we can have early conversations around any adjustments that may need to be considered.

Care Support

If you require personal support associated with daily living, e.g., personal care, cooking, shopping, cleaning/ laundry, you will need to contact the Social Services Team in your local area as soon as you start applying for University to discuss your requirements.

The University may be able to advise you on this process should you wish to approach them to make your own arrangements prior to starting at University. If you are not eligible for local authority funding i.e., if you are an international/EU applicant, it is important that you consider how you will fund your personal care requirements at the earliest opportunity before you start at the University.

You should allow plenty of time for planning your personal care arrangements as Social Services normally need to make their own assessment of your care needs. This process can take several months.

Please feel free to contact us for further discussion.