Skip to content

Visa Information

As a non-EEA student you will need a visa to study at Writtle University College. The Student Visa category is for adult students who want to come to or remain in the UK for their post-16 education.

If you successfully receive an offer to study at Writtle University College you must return the acceptance forms, providing evidence that you have met any conditions (if applicable) and pay your deposit. You can then be issued with a Confirmation of Acceptance of Studies (CAS). This is now the only route to gaining a Student Visa.

Students looking to study in the UK for six months or less, and who do not wish to take any employment while they are in the UK, or to extend their stay while they are in the country, can enter the UK on a student visitor visa.

You can study in the UK without a Student Visa if:

  • you are a national of a country in the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland;
  • you are a British overseas territories citizen, unless you are from one of the sovereign base areas in Cyprus;
  • you are a Commonwealth citizen with permission to enter or stay in the UK because at least one of your grandparents was born here; or
  • you have no conditions or time limit attached to your stay.

For detailed information about your Student Visa application please download this Writtle University College Guidance Document

For more information on student visas please visit: