This 2 hour course is aimed at those transporting animals and/or birds on short road journeys over 65km, up to and including 8 hours long.
Topics covered include:
- Legal requirements and responsibilities
- Responsibilities when transporting animals
- Planning a long journey by road
- Suitability of the vehicle
- Checking animals and fitness to travel
- Causes and signs of stress in animals
- Space allowances, stocking densities and segregation requirements
- Handling and animal welfare in transit
- Post journey requirements
At the time of booking participants should identify which category they require:
Cattle / Cattle & Sheep / Game Birds / Goats / Horses / Pigs / Poultry / Sheep
An additional fee of £85 will be incurred for each additional unit.
On completion of the 2 hours training participants will sit an NPTC on-line multiple choice test. There are 27 questions, participants must successfully achieve a pass mark of 21/27
By making a booking you are declaring yourself medically fit to participate in this course.