Level 3 Diploma in Dog Grooming
About the Course
These lessons will take place in a classroom and will consist of:
- Handling and control to ensure safety at all times
- Tools and equipment - including the correct use
- General care and condition
- Skin conditions
- Ears and eyes
- Skin and nails
- First aid for dogs
- Infectious diseases
- Kennel club breeds
- Planning, design
Practical lessons take place in the colleges commercially run dog grooming parlour, students get a hands on approach to see how a parlour would be run.
- Scissor styling
- Hand stripping
Applicants must hold the Level 2 Certificate for Dog Grooming assistant to start this qualification.
The qualification covers the skills you will need to progress to work as a Professional Dog Groomer.
Mandatory content covers:
- Health and safety, legislation and codes of practice for the dog grooming industry
- Styling and finishing a dog
- Health checking and handing a dog in a dog grooming environment
- Customer service and record keeping in a dog grooming environment
A requirement for the course is that you have at least 1 day a week in a grooming parlour.
Method of Assessment
- Externally set and marked written exam
- Practical assessments carried out under exam conditions
Our opening hours (UK time)Monday to Thursday 9am-5pm
We are here to helpIf you have any questions about applying to study here, want an update on the status of your application, or have a query about what you need to do next, contact us.
Almost all students move on to purposeful employment or further or higher education on completion of their courses.
Ofsted inspection report 2018