This qualification is for 16 to 18 year olds and is designed to extend learners skills in floristry crafts to an advanced level. It will allow you to develop your creative and intellectual abilities in communication, innovation and critical evaluation. You will extend understanding of health and safety issues.
Areas of Study
- Explore floristry techniques, materials, tools and equipment
- Develop floristry ideas
- Explore commercial briefs
- Produce floristry work in response to a commercial brief
The following information provides students with the entry requirements for this particular course:
- Level 2 Floristry qualification at Merit or Distinction
- GCSE Maths and/or English at 9-4 (A*-C)
- Evidence of practical floristry experience
- Satisfactory references from most recent school, college or employer
Alternative qualifications or experience will be considered on application.
You will be required to complete a minimum of 450 hours work experience as part of the full-time study programme.
Method of Assessment
You will complete 4 mandatory units of work. A portfolio of evidence will be internally assessed and externally moderated.
After Completion of Your Course...
This qualification provides you with the underpinning creative and practical skills required to progress on to a further course of study and/or employment in the floristry industry, for example as a florist, senior florist or florist shop manager, or to start your own business.
Equipment and Materials
What materials or equipment will I need to provide?
Tutor will advise at enrolment. Approximate cost: £30