Level 3 Advanced Technical Extended Diploma in Animal Management 1080
About the Course
Areas of Study
You will learn about animal health and husbandry, feeding and nutrition, behaviour and communication as well as welfare, breeding and training. It will also include modules on biological systems of animals and exotic animal health and husbandry.
You will gain further knowledge about wildlife and ecology conservation, zoological collections, animal nursing, pet store design and management as well as kennel and cattery management. Those modules will be complemented by business management in the land-based sector and the undertaking of a specialist project in the land-based sector.
- 5 GCSEs at Grade 9-4 or Grade A* to C
- Must include English, Maths and Science
- 5 Days of work placement in an animal related establishment and a satisfactory reference from them
- Satisfactory references from most recent School / College / Employer
Alternative qualifications or experience will be considered on application.
Method of Assessment
- Two externally-set and externally-moderated assignments
- Three externally-set, externally-marked exams and sat under examination conditions
- Portfolio of evidence
- Three externally-set and internally-marked assessments
After Completion of Your Course...
Employment within an animal welfare organisation, a veterinary practice, a zoo, a wildlife park or a business such as a pet store, feed company or dog grooming salon is possible.
Our opening hours (UK time)Monday to Thursday 9am-5pm
We are here to helpIf you have any questions about applying to study here, want an update on the status of your application, or have a query about what you need to do next, contact us.
Almost all students move on to purposeful employment or further or higher education on completion of their courses.
Ofsted inspection report 2018