Writtle University College (WUC) is pleased to offer the Level 3 Advanced Technical Extended Diploma in Agriculture qualification.
This City and Guilds Level 3 Advanced Technical Extended Diploma in Agriculture provides students with a range of specialist technical practical skills and knowledge needed to seek employment or further learning and training within the agricultural industry.
The farm and facilities here at WUC provide an excellent learning environment, which is complemented by our experienced and enthusiastic staff.
- Principles of health and safety
- Undertake and review work related experience in the land-based industries
- Land based industry machinery operations
- Agricultural crop production
- Plant and soil science
- Undertake estate skills
- Livestock husbandry
- Business management in the land based sector
- Undertake a specialist project in the land based sector
- Land based power unit
- Forage crop production
- The principles of grassland management
- Farm animal health and nutrition
- Root crop production
- Field vegetable production
- Pollution and waste control management
- Farm habitat management
- Undertake land based workshop processes
- Dairy production
- Beef production
- Poultry production
- Sheep production
- Mechanised agricultural crop handling and storage
- Combinable crop production
- 5 GCSEs at Grade 9-4 or A*-C
- Must include English and Maths
- A work placement of 5 days in a related industry is desirable
- Satisfactory references from most recent school, college or employer
Alternative qualifications or experience will be considered on application.
Modules are assessed using a wide variety of methods including practical observation, oral questioning, multiple choice questions, written assessments, exam, open book exams and formal written assessments.
In addition to the Work Experience unit you will also need to do 300 hours in an industry experience placement to complete the module. Placement will be inspected by a qualified member of staff.
After Completion of Your Course...
Students could further their education in agriculture by studying the following courses:
- BSc (Hons) Agriculture
- Foundation Year (Agriculture)
- Diploma of Higher Education in Agriculture
- Certificate of Higher Education in Agriculture
- Advanced Apprenticeship in Agriculture
You might progress into employment as:
- Trainee assistant farm manager
- Assistant herdsperson/stockperson
- Agricultural technician
- General farm worker
- Assistant machinery operator