About the Course
Learners get the opportunity to study a range of specialist technical practical skills and knowledge that build upon the core skills required to for working in the countryside such as estate maintenance skills, population surveys, safe use of equipment and machinery with further areas of study such as land use and recreation and pest and predator control.
The qualification is designed to provide the core skills and knowledge to enter employment in the land and wildlife management industries and enables educational progression to a broader range of options than the Level 2 Technical Certificate in Land and Wildlife (Countryside Conservation).
Areas of Study
This qualification consists of the following mandatory and selected specialist units.
- Principles of Health and Safety
- Undertake and review work related experience in the land based industries
- Land based industry machinery operations
- Population surveys, ecology and conservation
- Countryside recreation
- Undertake estate skills
Students will also study the following four specialist units.
- Fresh water and Wetland Management
- Pest and predator control
- Farm Habitat
- Undertake grassland habitat management
- A minimum of 5 GCSEs A* to C or 9 to 4
- MUST include English, Maths and Science
Alternative qualifications or experience will be considered on application.
After Completion of Your Course...
Students could further their education in Land and Wildlife Management by progressing to the 2nd year of the Level 3 Advanced Technical Extended Diploma Land and Wildlife Management (Countryside Conservation) courses.
This Level 3 Advanced Technical Diploma in Land and Wildlife Management qualification can provide a route into the wildlife management industries in job role such as, Fisheries worker, Estate worker, Assistant underkeeper or Fieldwork assistant.