Level 3 Advanced Technical Diploma in Floristry
About the Course
The Level 3 Advanced Technical Diploma in Floristry provides a range of specialist technical practical skills and knowledge which will equip you to progress to employment or further learning and training within the floristry industry.
This qualification consists of a range of mandatory units. These will provide you with the necessary skills and knowledge to progress into employment in the floristry industry.
You will study creative floral design methods and techniques, botany and business skills. On top of that, you will cover in detail how to produce a range of designs, including tied designs, wired designs, glued designs and designs in different mediums. You will study how to produce floral designs for different events, such as weddings and funerals. You will also learn about current and future design development and innovation in floristry.
- Principles of health and safety
- Undertake and review work related experience in the land-basedindustries
- Principles of the creative design process in floristry
- Plant and flower care
- Tied floral designs
- Floral designs in a medium
- Wired floral designs
- Glued floral designs
- Business management and marketing in floristry
- Trends in the floristry industry
- Event floristry
The following information provides students with the entry requirements for this particular course.
- 5 x GCSE at 9-4 (A*-C) or equivalent Level 2 Floristry qualification at Merit or Distinction
- Must include GCSE Maths and English at 9-4 (A*-C)
- Evidence of practical floristry experience
- Satisfactory references from most recent School / College / Employer
Alternative qualifications or experience will be considered on application.
Students are required to complete a minimum of 150 hours work experience in the floristry industry.
Method of Assessment
This course is assessed in a variety of ways including theory and practical examinations, externally set assignments and portfolios.
After Completion of Your Course...
This qualification provides you with all the skills required to either become employed in the floristry industry, for example as a florist, senior florist or florist shop manager, or to start your own business.
Students could also progress to a higher level qualification such as Level 4 Higher Diploma in Floristry.