Level 3 Advanced Technical Diploma in Animal Management
About the Course
This advanced level course combines both theoretical and practical aspects of animal care. You will develop animal handling skills and gain an understanding of how to maintain the health and welfare of a wide range of animal species. It is the equivalent of the first year of the Level 3 Advanced Technical Extended Diploma in Animal Management.
Areas of Study
- Understanding and promoting animal health
- Managing animal accommodation
- Planning and monitoring animal feeding
- Understanding animal welfare and breed development
- Understanding the principles and carrying out the practice of exotic animal health & husbandry
- Aquatics husbandry & management
- Wildlife populations
- Ecology & conservation
You will continue to develop your English and Maths skills during the programme.
The following information provides students with the entry requirements for this particular course.
- 5 GCSEs at Grade 9-4 or A*-C
- Must include English, Maths and Science
- Satisfactory references from most recent School / College / Employer
Alternative qualifications or experience will be considered on application.
One day a week is spent at a work placement. This is assessed as part of the Industrial Experience unit.
Method of Assessment
The course is assessed in a variety of ways including written assignments, tests, presentations as well as practical assessments involving the animals at the Titchmarsh Centre for Animal Studies. Please note that the majority of assessments are written.
After Completion of Your Course...
Employment in a supervisory capacity in kennels, zoos and wildlife parks is possible.