Do you have a passion for animal care and management and want to work with animals?
The Level 3 Advanced Technical Certificate in Animal Management qualification provides the core practical skills and knowledge needed to seek employment or further learning and training within the animal care and management industries.
The course is equivalent to the first year of the Level 3 Advanced Technical Extended Diploma in Animal Management (720).
You will learn how to work safely around animals, be responsible for the planning and carrying out animal husbandry health and handling, and feeding and nutrition. You will also learn about animal behaviour, animal breeds and welfare.
This qualification consists of the following mandatory and selected optional specialist units.
- Principles of Health and Safety
- Undertake and Review Work Related Experience in the Land-base Industries
- Animal Health and Husbandry
- Animal Feeding and Nutrition
- Animal Behaviour and Communication
- Animal Welfare and Breeding
Optional Specialist Units
Students will study two selected optional specialist units (as determined by WUC Course lead) from the following.
- Biological Systems of Animals
- Undertake Estate Skills
- Business Management in the Land-Based Sector
The following information provides students with the entry requirements for this particular course.
- 5 GCSEs at Grade 9-4 or A*-C
- Must include English and Maths
- Satisfactory references from most recent school, college or employer
Alternative qualifications or experience will be considered on application.
The programme includes a module of work experience. This should be in the animal care or supporting industries.
Method of Assessment
Units are assessed using a wide variety of methods including assignments, internally and externally marked exams and a portfolio of evidence.
After Completion of Your Course...
After completion of the Level 3 Advanced Technical Certificate in Animal Management, you can progress to the second year of the Level 3 Advanced Technical Extended Diploma in Animal Management (720).
After completion, it is likely that you will enter the animal care and management industries by working in roles such as:
- Animal care worker
- Animal care assistant
- Maintenance worker in an animal care setting
- Apprentice in an animal care business