Level 2 Technical Certificate in Animal Management
About the Course
This Level 2 course is ideal if you have little experience of working with animals. It combines theoretical subjects with practical activities and projects. You will develop practical animal handling skills and gain an understanding of the basic care of a wide range of animal species.
Areas of Study
- Maintain animal health and welfare
- Animal feeding and accommodation
- Animal behaviour and handling
- Undertake work related experience in the land-based
- Animal nursing
- The principles of animal biology
- British wildlife species, habitats and rehabilitation
- Caring for exotic animals
The following information provides students with the entry requirements for this particular course.
- 4 GCSEs at Grade 9-3 or A*-D, to include English and Maths
- Satisfactory references from most recent School / College / Employer
Alternative qualifications or experience will be considered on application.
The programme includes a module of work experience. This should be in the animal or supporting industries. A portfolio of evidence of the placement will need to be completed, aspects of which will involve employers observations. This element will count towards the final grade and should be completed throughout the programme.
Method of Assessment
To gain this qualification, candidates must successfully achieve the following assessments:
- One externally-set, externally-moderated assignment
- One externally-set, externally-marked exam, sat under examination conditions
- Portfolio of evidence
- Four externally-set and internally-marked assessments
- Practical Assessments
After Completion of Your Course...
You can progress to a higher level qualification, subject to meeting entry requirements, such as the Level 3 Advanced Technical Levels. Alternatively, the course could lead to employment opportunities or an apprenticeship.