The NCFE Level 2 Award in Creative Craft (Floristry) qualification offers an intermediate level introduction to the knowledge and skills required for the design and creation of floral arrangements.
This qualification consists of the following four mandatory units:
- Use materials, tools and equipment to develop craft techniques
Learners will explore different materials and develop an understanding of the visual and tactile qualities of them. They will develop their techniques for manipulation of different craft materials and develop the use of tools needed whilst ensuring that they observe the health and safety aspects of the materials, tools and techniques used.
- Develop craft ideas
Learners will research and compare sources and contexts to inspire their ideas for craft. Learners will have to opportunity to present their ideas to others to gain feedback on which to adapt or improve their idea. They will develop their ideas by researching, debating and adapting before selecting and justifying their final choice.
- Create, present and evaluate final floristry item
In this unit learners will plan, produce and evaluate their own floristry craft work. Learners will prepare the tools, materials and equipment required to produce their craft piece whilst maintaining a safe working environment. Learners will have the opportunity to display their finished piece in an appropriate way or setting for others to see. Learners will also evaluate the whole creative process and record any issues/challenges they faced and any areas for improvement.
Aims and Objectives
This qualification aims to:
- Extend and further develop learners' skills
- Extend learners' knowledge and understanding of the creative craft process
- Extend learners' understanding of health and safety issues provide the opportunity for further development
- Provide a basis for progression onto further study
The objectives of this qualification are to help learners to:
- Use raw materials, tools and equipment in a safe and competent manner
- Evaluate own work, develop ideas and learning through the craft process
- Develop an understanding of health and safety considerations in the craft environment
There are no specific recommended prior learning requirements for this qualification.
The nature of both the learning and assessment required for the qualification is such that, learners will need good literacy and numeracy skills, i.e. the ability to read and interpret written tasks, to write answers and complete documents in a legible and understandable form and to make calculations.
After Completion of Your Course...
Upon successful completion learners can progress to a higher qualification such as the Level 2 Technical Certificate in Floristry or Level 3 Advanced Technical Diploma in Floristry.