The Award in Creative Craft (Entry 3) offers an entry level introduction to using found materials to create textile art and craft products.
This qualification is an ideal starting point for those who have no textiles experience.
Areas of Study
- Inspiration and research from the campus
- Exploration of surface decoration techniques such as print, applique and embroidery
- Use of tools and equipment to create fabric samples
- Technical files and presenting work
- Health and safety aspects of the materials, tools and techniques used
- Creation of upcycled art & craft products
This qualification consists of one mandatory unit:
- Making an art or craft product
This unit introduces learners to craft materials and techniques, and enables learners to create a textiles art or craft product whilst working safely.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course other than an interest in developing your textile and craft skills.
The programme does not require a work placement to be undertaken.
Method of Assessment
You will complete 1 unit of work. A technical file portfolio will be internally assessed and externally moderated.
After Completion of Your Course...
This qualification provides you with the underpinning practical skills required to progress on to a further creative course of study at level 1 or 2 and develop a portfolio of textiles work.
Equipment and Materials
What equipment or materials will I need to provide?
Tutor will advise at enrolment. Approximate cost: £20