The Award in Creative Craft (Entry 3) offers an entry level introduction to using natural materials to create eco dyes and prints.
This qualification is an ideal starting point for those who have no textile crafts experience.
Areas of Study
- Foraging for natural materials
- Introduction to mordants
- Exploration of natural materials, papers, fabrics and print media
- Use of tools and equipment to create 2D & 3D printed and dyed samples
- Planning ideas
- Technical files and logging recipes
- Health and safety aspects of the materials, tools and techniques used
- Creation of art or craft products
This qualification consists of one mandatory unit:
- Making an art or craft product
This unit introduces learners to art materials and techniques, and enables learners to create an art or craft product whilst working safely.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course other than an interest in developing your art and craft skills.
The programme does not require a work placement to be undertaken.
Method of Assessment
You will complete 1 unit of work. A portfolio of evidence will be internally assessed and externally moderated.
After Completion of Your Course...
This qualification provides you with the underpinning practical skills required to progress on to a further creative course of study at level 1 or 2 and develop a portfolio of art work.
Equipment and Materials
What equipment or materials will I need to provide?
Tutor will advise at enrolment. Approximate cost: £20