We are delighted that you have taken the first step in joining Writtle University College. We have students from over 40 different countries studying with us and pride ourselves in being a friendly and welcoming University College that understands the needs of international students coming to the UK.

Our International Admissions team is here to help you through the initial stages of applying, arrival, induction and enrolment.

To secure a place, students should aim to submit their application as early as possible. However, if places are left, we may consider applications up to the 30 June. This allows good time for completion of visa formalities.

In order for the University College to assess your suitability for your chosen course, you will need to submit a completed application form and a number of supporting documents.

Undergraduate Postgraduate Foundation
If you are applying for an undergraduate course you can apply via UCAS. If you are applying for a postgraduate course use the application form. If you are applying for a foundation, diploma or certificate course you can apply via UCAS.

Apply now using our online application form

Alternatively, you can apply by downloading an application form and returning the completed form back to us by email or post.

After you submit your application form you will need to send the following documents:

  • Proof of qualifications and grades

    These will need to be officially certified and translated copies. You will need to bring the original certificates when you arrive.

  • A personal statement or statement of purpose

    This should be a minimum of 250 words and should include a summary of your previous education, any work experience you have, why you want to study at Writtle University College, and what you hope to do when you finish your studies.

  • An academic reference

    This needs to be on official headed paper.

  • For Design courses

    Please supply samples of your work, preferably on CD, DVD or via Dropbox or Wetransfer.

  • Proof of your level of English Language

    For Level 3, 4 and 5 (below Level 6) an academic IELTs Certificate (SELT) from one of the approved test providers

  • A letter from your sponsor guaranteeing your financial support

    e.g. payment of University College fees/living expenses.

  • A copy of the photograph page from your passport

    e.g. high resolution photo or scan.

  • Details of your immigration status

    Including a photocopy of your visa or Biometric Immigration Document if you are already in the UK.

Please send the documents by email (scanned) to or by fax +44 (0)1245 420456.

If you have any further questions contact International Admissions at the above email address.

What happens next?

Our admissions tutors will assess your qualifications, experience and abilities before offering you a place on their course. We may also offer you a Skype interview. This is to help us assess your English language and answer any questions you may have about studying at Writtle University College.

When an offer has been awarded, we will send you the offer via email along with an accommodation request form if you would like to live on campus.

If you successfully receive an offer to study at Writtle University College you must return the acceptance forms, providing evidence that you have met any conditions (if applicable) and pay your deposit.

You can then be issued with a Certificate for Application for Studies (CAS). This is now the only route to gaining a Student Visa. Further information relating to your visa application can be found at Writtle University College Visa Information.