Financial Support

Student Loans (SFE)

Full-time undergraduate students are able to apply to Student Finance England for a tuition fee loan to cover the costs of study and a maintenance loan for general living costs.

Financial Support from your Local Authority

You may be eligible for a bursary from your Local Authority for entering Higher Education before your 25th Birthday. They may pay this in a lump sum or in instalments. Contact your Local Authority to find out what other financial support is available to you. You can also visit Isabel's Voice; a charity which supports young people in care to access relevant services. On the Isabel's Voice website you can type in the name of your Local Authority and see what support they offer, so you can see what you are eligible for.

Writtle University College Financial Support

Writtle University College (WUC) provides care experienced students with a bursary. For further information on the undergraduate Care Experienced Students' Bursary and how to apply, visit our Scholarships and Bursaries page.

Your WUC Care Experienced Champion (CEC) will happily hep and guide you through the whole process.