With a history dating back to 1893, Writtle University College has a long tradition of working with businesses both on a local, regional and national level.
These relationships cover 'Writtle for Business' offering a wide range of short courses and apprenticeship options to regional business as well as a fantastic conferencing facility, including residential accommodation. Additionally, our Careers, Employment and Enterprise service offer events and resources to allow employers to engage with our student community, both during studies as well as on graduation, ensuring that we develop a relevant workforce for the future.
Short Courses and Certificates of Competence
Writtle University College offers a variety of short courses from professionally accredited for technical skills to those enabling personal development.
Short courses are a great way of enhancing employee skills, increasing knowledge and career prospects, improving key skills and contributing towards Continued Professional Development (CPD)
Bespoke courses can be developed for specific industry needs and may be delivered at your chosen location, on campus or online.
For more information please contact the office.
Apprenticeships are a fantastic way to grow your business, providing real, measurable business benefits. They bring productive, enthusiastic and loyal people into your business and help you to demonstrate your commitment to investing in your staff.
An apprentice will be your employee and will need a contract of employment for at least the duration of the Apprenticeship. They will be paid and supported by both the employer and will attend a programme of study working towards a level 2 or Level 3 qualification at the University College. On average our level 2 Apprenticeships take around 14 - 20 months and the Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeships around 20 - 30 months; however the time scale of an apprenticeship is flexible and will depend on the apprentices prior experience and the course they are enrolled on.
We offer apprenticeships in:
- Arborist Level 2
- Animal Care and Welfare Assistant Level 2
- Horticulture and Landscape Operative Level 2
- Horticulture Supervisor Level 3
- Horse Care - Equine Groom Level 2
- Horse Care - Senior Equine Groom Level 3
- Sports Turf Operative Level 2
- Golf Greenkeeper Level 2
- Vet Nursing Level 3
Careers and Employability
Our Careers, Employment and Enterprise Team work closely with industry and employers within our specialisms to ensure that our courses remain relevant and industry focused. We pride ourselves on preparing students to be job ready and actively sought after.
The University College is keen to develop strong partnerships with industry to work on real life projects as well as provide opportunities for employment.
- Promoting your vacancies directly to our students, from local opportunities to international graduate opportunities, via our Online Vacancy Board and other social media.
- Providing opportunities to present to our students about opportunities within your organisation/industry and about the type of skills and experience our students need to succeed in their future careers.
- Engaging with what is delivered in the curriculum, your views could positively impact on what and how our students learn and prepare for their futures.
- Our Careers, Employment and Enterprise Office run careers events and fairs throughout the year.
College and University Courses
As a leading provider of Higher and Further Education, we offer a wide range of courses from Level 2 to Level 7.
Our areas of specialism cover the following:
- Sport and Exercise Science
- Health and Wellbeing
- Canine Therapy
- Veterinary Physiotherapy
- Animal Management and Science
- Landscape Architecture
For more information please refer to College Course Guide or Undergraduate Prospectus.
There are opportunities for study on individual modules. This can be discussed on an individual course level with the relevant academic department.
Conferencing and Facilities Hire
The venue provides a number of conference opportunities and facilities to cater for a wide range of events, from lunch meetings to corporate launches, filming locations and exhibitions, to large outdoor, showground-style events.
Our conferencing packages can be tailored to your needs and can include:
- Indoor accommodation up to 200 delegates
- Professional catering suited to all requirement
- A range of media and audio-visual equipment
- Live streaming services
- Free parking across the whole campus
- 150 hectare estate with beautiful surroundings and landscaped gardens, including large open spaces, reservoir, sports pitches and hall, equine resource centre and lecture theatres
Get in Touch
We are always keen to hear from employers, whether that is just to promote vacancies, or to discuss opportunities to engage with the university college and our student body in greater depth. For more information on any of the above, please email email@example.com