Writtle University College has a long tradition of working with employers, from preparing students to be job ready and actively sought after, to employers delivering presentations to current students. The college is keen to have employers input, in a range of ways. This includes:
- Promoting your vacancies directly to our students, from local opportunities to international graduate opportunities, via our Online Vacancy Board and other social media.
- Providing opportunities to present to our students about opportunities within your organisation/industry and about the type of skills and experience our students need to succeed in their future careers.
- Engaging with what is delivered in the curriculum, your views could positively impact on what and how our students learn and prepare for their futures.
- Several of the college’s governors are current employers, who have a keen interest in how the college is meeting the needs of both its student body and industries that these students go into.
- Our Employability Manager (Tara Simpson) organises several careers events and fairs each year and a mentor scheme for students. She is always happy to talk through opportunities with employers about how they could get involved - either for the odd event or more regularly! She can be contacted on firstname.lastname@example.org.
As well as full-time further and higher education courses, the college also offers a range of apprenticeships. If you would like further information about how we can support you in delivering an apprenticeship programme, please contact email@example.com.
We are always keen to hear from employers, whether that is just to promote vacancies, or to discuss opportunities to engage with the college and our student body in greater depth. Either way, do please either email firstname.lastname@example.org or ring on 01245 424257, and we can talk further.
If you would like to see the range of opportunities that we have visit our online vacancy board. The vacancies available regularly change throughout the year.
The college also has a short course team who can deliver training for your staff as required. Email email@example.com for more information.