Careers and Employability
Our Careers, Employment and Enterprise Team work closely with industry and employers within our specialisms to ensure that our courses remain relevant and industry focused. We pride ourselves on preparing students to be job ready and actively sought after. The University College is keen to develop strong partnerships with industry to work on real life projects as well as provide opportunities for employment.
- Promoting your vacancies directly to our students, from local opportunities to international graduate opportunities, via our Online Vacancy Board and other social media.
- Providing opportunities to present to our students about opportunities within your organisation/industry and about the type of skills and experience our students need to succeed in their future careers.
- Engaging with what is delivered in the curriculum, your views could positively impact on what and how our students learn and prepare for their futures.
- Several of the college's governors are current employers, who have a keen interest in how the college is meeting the needs of both its student body and industries that these students go into.
- Our Careers, Employment and Enterprise Office run careers events and fairs throughout the year and encourage employers to engage in our mentoring scheme for students.
As well as full-time further and higher education courses, the college also offers a range of apprenticeships. If you would like further information about how we can support you in delivering an apprenticeship programme, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are always keen to hear from employers, whether that is just to promote vacancies, or to discuss opportunities to engage with the college and our student body in greater depth. Either way, do please either email email@example.com or ring on 01245 424257, and we can talk further.
If you would like to see the range of opportunities that we have visit our online vacancy board. The vacancies available regularly change throughout the year.
The college also has a short course team who can deliver training for your staff as required. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Why Does Employer Engagement Matter (pdf)
Engaging employers to enhance teaching and learning
Involving Employers in Quality Assurance
Working together for young people