The BSc (Hons) Animal Science (Livestock Technology) - (Top-up) course offers students the opportunity to extend their FdA, HND or DipHE Level 5 qualification.
Our BSc (Hons) Animal Management (Livestock Technology) - (Top-up) programme focuses more on holistic approach to animal husbandry with modules on applied behaviour and welfare, breeding and animal health management alongside core topics of behaviour, nutrition and health.
|SEMESTER A||SEMESTER B|
|Applied Nutrition and Feeding
|Advanced Animal Health Science
|Genetics and Genomics
|Applied Behaviour and Animal Welfare
|Developments in Livestock Production
Applicants should have a Level 5 qualification relevant to Animal Science (Livestock Technology).
- Foundation Degree
- Higher National Diploma (HND)
- or Diploma of Higher Education (DipHE)
The following list shows the variety of learning and teaching methods experienced on this course.
- Animal handling practicals involving work with a wide range of domesticated and captive animal species
- Seminars and debates
- Inquiry-based learning
- Online quizzes, wikis and activities
- Laboratory practical classes including dissections
This course provides a mix of assessment methods including.
- Practical assessments with companion and zoo animals, farm livestock and horses
- Examinations - both multiple choice and essay questions
- Presentations - both individually and in small groups
- Essays and technical reports
- Assessed seminars
- Case studies
- Experimental work and laboratory reports
- Poster presentations
Join Dr Eleanor Drinkwater and Darren Veitch as they present a series of fascinating, animal packed episodes that culminate in an interactive and enlightening Subject Spotlight focussed on Animal Management & Science.