Every provider of higher education qualifications has long been working to improve the fairness of access to the education they provide. Despite this, different groups of people in the UK still experience Higher Education differently, both in terms of numbers of people getting to university and what happens next.
At Writtle University College our mission is: 'Transforming lives and the environment through inspiring education.'
To show our commitment to this, we have proudly enshrined our objectives in our Access and Participation plan as:
- Representative access by 2035
- Equal continuation by 2035
- Equal attainment by 2030
- Equal progression by 2035
Working with Schools & Colleges
Our work with schools and colleges is crucial to our access commitment so we can not only improve the progression of underrepresented groups to Writtle University College but close the gap nationwide.
We plan to do this through:
- Raising awareness of Writtle University College as a specialist Further and Higher Education provider.
- Inspire students from various backgrounds to study a specialist course.
- Encourage schools and colleges to participate in the events we offer.
- Ensure that the activities we offer link with the national curriculum and key stage levels.
- Maintain strong working relationships with schools and colleges so they understand the range of opportunities Writtle University College can offer their students.
- Attend career conventions, presentations, and industry days at schools and colleges to raise the profile of our further education and higher education courses.
- Update and maintain our database of schools and colleges, keeping our contacts up-to-date on all events and opportunities for their students.