BA (Hons) Contemporary Art and Design
BA (Hons) Art and the Environment
BA (Hons) Art and the Environment and Floral Design
MA by Dissertation in Art & Design
Pryle Behrman is an academic, art journalist and curator who has lectured at Writtle University College since September 2011.Background
Pryle Behrman has written for national newspapers and several major art magazines, in particular Art Monthly
, and is a member of the Advisory Board for Moving Image Review & Art Journal
, an international journal of artists' moving image work published by University of Westminster that was launched in January 2012. He has also curated the film programme of the Art Projects section of London Art Fair every year since 2005 and is a member of the Art Projects Selection Committee.
MA in Art Criticism from City University, London
Part I BA (Hons) Economics / Part II BA (Hons) History of Art from Cambridge University
Art and Design: history, theory and practice
- Contemporary curation
- Contemporary video art and experimental film
- Contemporary art market
- International art biennales
Selected projects / exhibitions
- Module leader for the art history and art theory strand within BA (Hons) Art and the Environment
- Tutor for the employability and creative practice strands of BA (Hons) Art and the Environment
- Curator (2019) ‘London Art Fair film programme’, Business Design Centre, Islington, 15-20 January.
- Curator (2016) ‘PLAY ART DATA MONEY’ exhibition at London Art Fair 2016, Business Design Centre, London, 19-24 January.
- Curator (2014) ‘It’s me, not you’: an exhibition of experimental film and video, National Galleries of Scotland, Edinburgh, 5-20 December.
- Audio Guide (2011) ‘Folkestone Triennial 2011’, scripting and producing audio guides for 19 artworks, May – September 2011; artists included Cornelia Parker, Martin Creed, Hamish Fulton and Hew Locke. Available online at: http://www.folkestonetriennial.org.uk/2011-event/artists/
- Writer in Residence (2009) 'Laboratory' exhibition at Jerwood Space, London, August. Available online at: http://www.jvalab.co.uk
Behrman, P. (2018) ‘Introduction to Art Projects’, London Art Fair Catalogue
Behrman, P. (2012) ‘Mike Kelley obituary’, Daily Telegraph
, 14 March.
Behrman, P. (2012) ‘Antoni Tàpies obituary’, Daily Telegraph
, 05 March.
Behrman, P. (2012) 'David Claerbout: The Time That Remains' at WIELS Brussels, Moving Image Review & Art Journal
Behrman, P. (2011) ‘Helen Frankenthaler obituary’, Daily Telegraph
, 29 December.
Behrman, P. (2011) ‘New Contemporaries 2011’, Art Monthly
Behrman, P. (2011) ‘Katie Paterson’ artist profile, Art Monthly
Behrman, P. (2010) ‘Sigmar Polke obituary’, Daily Telegraph
, 14 June.
Behrman, P. (2009) ‘Lyon Biennale’, Art Monthly
, November 2009
Behrman, P. (2008) ‘Liverpool Biennial & New Contemporaries 2008’, Art Monthly
Behrman, P. (2008) ‘Folkestone Triennial & Tatton Park Biennial’, Art Monthly
, September.External Talks
Honours and Awards
- Speaker (2014), launch of ‘Essex Network of Artists’ Studios’, firstsite, Colchester, 27 March
- Member of International Association of Art Critics (AICA)