- BSc (Hons) Sports and Exercise Performance
- Foundation Degree (FdSc) Cycling Performance
- Foundation Degree (FdSc) Sports Science with Outdoor Activity
- Foundation Degree (FdSc) Sports Science with Aerial Performance
- Diploma of Higher Education Sports and Exercise Performance
- Certificate of Higher Education in Cycling Studies
- Certificate of Higher Education in Sports and Exercise Studies
- Certificate of Higher Education in Sports Science Studies with Aerial Performance
- Certificate of Higher Education in Sports Science Studies with Outdoor Activity
You can make a big impact in the sports industry! Our sport courses focus on the science and performance of amateur through to elite athletes. You will learn through practical, hands-on classes using the latest sports facilities and equipment.
Why you should study Sports Performance at WUC...
You will get access to modern facilities and resources on campus which includes our sports performance laboratory that regularly tests athletes of international standard.
You will work in a friendly and supportive environment that will develop your potential in the sports industry.
You will have the opportunity to work with and shadow expert staff who enjoy links with professional football clubs, the English Ballet School, GB Basketball and the Westminster School Boat Club. Our foundation degree students will also work and train with professional businesses such as Essex Outdoors and Little Stars Circus.
We have a modern assessment strategy - real-life case studies, role-play, newspaper articles, infographic design, independent research and presentations rather than exams.
Our teaching course team has experts in a variety of disciplines of applied clinical practice including nutrition, physiology, strength & conditioning, psychology and performance testing.
You will benefit from coaching seminars, invited speakers and presenters, workshops, visits and opportunities for additional qualifications.
Our sports courses explore the science behind athletic function affording you the understanding of the biological, physiological and psychological elements that can affect both amateur and elite performance.
Our courses are highly practical with work placements, volunteering and shadowing opportunities to apply knowledge gained in the classroom and laboratory into the real world of sport.
You will have the option of specialising in areas such as Cycling Performance, Aerial Performance and Outdoor Activity.
Our graduates go on to a wide range of careers including PE Teaching, Sports Development, Coaching, Physiotherapy and Outdoor Instructing.