- BSc (Hons) Equine Behaviour
- BSc (Hons) Equine Performance and Business Management
- BSc (Hons) Equine Sports Therapy and Rehabilitation
- Diploma of Higher Education Equine Behaviour
- Diploma of Higher Education Equine Performance and Business Management
- Diploma of Higher Education Equine Sports Therapy and Rehabilitation
Writtle University College is one of the leading providers of equine education in the south-east region of the UK. Our students enjoy access to a wide range of specialist facilities as part of their equine degree, which is backed up by highly supportive, engaging and experienced academic staff.
On campus, our equine resources include:
- Two large indoor riding arenas
- Floodlit ménage
- Sports therapy barn
- A variety of types of stable facilities
- Lordships Stud
- Cross-country course
All of our facilities are used by students to enhance their learning experience. By combining the practical skills with the essential theory taught in lectures, this makes our students very employable once they have graduated.
We offer a variety of equine degree programmes here at Writtle which cater for a range of interests and specialisms. These include Equine Sports Therapy and Rehabilitation and Equine Behaviour. Our equine graduates have a proven track record in securing exciting and challenging positions in all sectors of the equine industry, both at home and abroad, in vocational and commercial situations.
Employers clearly recognise the benefits of courses which combine the development of practical competence with commercial awareness and academic ability.
After successful completion of one of our equine courses, students are also able to progress onto a postgraduate course here at Writtle such as our MSc Veterinary Physiotherapy.
In line with British Horse Society (BHS) training centre standards and due to the nature of the horses at the University College, we ask that students weigh no more than 13 stone (82.5kg) which includes your PPE.