Writtle University College is situated two miles from the town centre of Chelmsford and just a few minutes walk from the main bus route through Writtle village.
There are several transport options for students attending Writtle University College. The most popular are:
- Essex County Council Post-16 Transport Scheme for Further Education Students
- Writtle University College Subsidised Bus Service
- Mini-bus service from Chelmsford Station to Writtle University College
Essex County Council Post-16 Transport Scheme for Further Education Students for the Academic Year 2017/18Post-16 transport is available at a charge for students between the ages of 16 and 19 provided that the eligibility criteria is met. Students will need to apply direct to Essex County Council for eligibility. Post-16 transport is available for students between the ages of 16 and 19. The application process differs depending on whether a student has been in receipt of a statement of special educational needs (SEN) up to and including the age of 16. All students are required to apply for post-16 transport by completing the relevant application form.
Each council has its own transport policy, and the above information relates only to students living within Essex. We therefore suggest that you contact the council, specific to where you live to discuss schemes operating in your area. Information sheet below.
- Transport Schemes for Students - Academic Year 2017/18
- Transport Schemes for Students - Academic Year 2018/19
Scholar Season TicketDiscounted rail travel when travelling to Writtle University College by train
Great Anglia Railway offer a discounted rate for travel to Writtle University College by rail.
Please see link below for details on how to apply.
FIRST ESSEX BUSES
There is a ticket arrangement set in place for Writtle University College students. Students can get the following discounts:
- 10% off weekly & monthly tickets
- 15% off 3 month and annual tickets
This can be purchased as a Chelmsford or as an All Essex ticket.
Presently these tickets can only be purchased by walking into our Chelmsford Travel Shop. Details below:
First Travel Shop
Writtle University College Subsidised Bus ServiceWrittle University College provides a transport scheme in some areas that is a direct alternative to public transport and is charged at a different rate.
The College provides a morning and evening minibus service from the following areas:
- Bishops Stortford/Great Dunmow/Sawbridgeworth
- Grays/Chadwell St Mary/Linford/Stanford-le-Hope/Basildon/Billericay
- Times & Locations - Semesters 2017/18
- Routes and locations may change or be discontinued depending on demand for Semesters 2017/18.
Please contact the Transport Department for availability:
Tele: 01245 424262
Mini-bus service from Chelmsford Station to Writtle University CollegeWrittle University College currently operate a shuttle bus service to and from the railway and bus station area in Chelmsford mornings and evenings during FE term times.
The minibuses pickup in Coval Lane, Chelmsford (beside the council offices). This is a first come first served service. No fee or prior booking necessary.
The service runs Monday to Friday during FE term dates at the following times:
- Morning: 8:15am to 9:15am
- Evening: 4:15pm to 5:15pm (Limited service 2:00pm to 4:15pm)