Student Coaches Network People & Planet (SCNPP)
In the spring of 2017 a group of undergraduate and postgraduate students within the School for Sustainable Environments called a meeting with staff to discuss ways in which they could contribute to the institute's action for environmental sustainability. It was agreed much greater student involvement was called for in setting the institute's agenda and in driving through its strategies, particularly now as Writtle University College embarks on an ambitious programme of embedding environmental sustainability principles, concepts and science in to undergraduate and postgraduate programmes.
Students have proposed the establishment of a "Students Coaches Network for People & Planet" to structure the activities and contribution of students in driving WUC's Environmental sustainability programme for now and the future.
Writtle University College aims to support a responsible campus where sustainability, education and economics co-exist to encourage positive change to the environment
Student Coaches Network People & Planet
A student led team, responsible for engaging with staff in WUC to promote student participation in the design, planning and delivery of the institute's environmental sustainability agenda.
Role of SCNPP
- To produce annual progress report/checks
- Use the Facebook page as a platform for communication with students in the network
- Set targets, monitor and evaluate progress
- To clearly delegate roles and communicate clear tasks, plans and targets
- To conduct focus groups open to any member of staff and/or students
- Connect with other Universities with similar goals i.e. Eberswalde University, Germany
- To contribute to discussions about embedding environmental sustainability into the different programmes delivered at WUC