AMTRA (Animal Medicines Training & Regulatory Authority)
AMTRA is an independent regulatory body whose task it is to ensure that the marketing and distribution of animal medicines in the UK is undertaken in a responsible manner by AMTRA qualified persons.
AMTRA Suitably Qualified Persons (SQP) Courses
The training modules offered at Writtle University College will equip student SQP’s with the knowledge and experience required to gain the AMTRA Professional Certificate.
Courses will cover:
- Legislation relating to sale, supply and storage of animal medicines
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Causes and control of diseases and parasites
Where appropriate the training at Writtle University College will include practical demonstrations which are held at our Animal Science Centre.
- Saddler SQP (E-SQP) must succeed in the Base, Equine and Companion Animal Modules and an oral test (viva).
- Equine only SQP (J-SQP) must succeed in the Base and Equine modules plus an oral test (viva).
- Companion Animal only SQP (C-SQP) must succeed in the Base and Companion modules and the oral test (viva).
For more information and to make a booking simply click on the course title, alternatively please call our booking line on 01245 421782 or 01245 424286/7
Writtle University College reserves the right to withdraw any short course where there is insufficient demand; we will in this instance transfer the place or offer a refund. All bookings are made subject to our booking terms and conditions.
Click here for information on Animal Care courses.