Living in Halls of Residence
Everyone is different and we recognise individual requirements. We are here to help you chose the accommodation that best suits your needs.
Key features for our halls of residence:
- All halls have free Wi-Fi access.
- All halls have a free safe.
- Free parking on campus.
- All halls are mixed sex accommodation.
- All halls are NON SMOKING.
- All halls are furnished with bed (some double), wardrobe, drawers, desk chair and easy chair. Rooms are carpeted and have curtains.
- All halls are centrally heated.
- Washroom/toilet facilities vary from one hall to another - level of provision is reflected in the fees.
- The halls have a snack kitchen /common room with hob, microwave & combi microwave cooker, fridge, toaster and electric kettle. Students will need to bring their own crockery, saucepans etc. Only those appliances provided by the College may be used in the halls.
- Every hall has a key entry access as well as individual room lock.
- Bedding is not provided. Students can purchase a bedding bale from the College if needed or bring your own.
- There is a coin operated laundry on site with washers and dryers.
- The fee for students living on campus includes a catering allowance currently equivalent to up to *10 meals per week (term time) which can be taken in The Garden Room restaurant and other outlets.
*Assumes meal deals @ £4 each
Students with disabilities receive priority consideration with regard to accommodation in halls. Some rooms have been designed to accommodate students with mobility and hearing problems and special arrangements can be made for other disabilities. Applications are dealt with on an individual basis so please contact the Accommodation Office to discuss your requirements.
More detailed information about living in halls can be found in the Residents Handbook.
Details and advice on choosing where to live can be found in the Student Accommodation and Campus Guide.