If you are not a current student or member of staff it is possible to join the library as an alumni or external borrower. Applications for membership must be made in writing to the Lead Librarian, The Library, Writtle University College, Lordship Road, Writtle, Chelmsford CM1 3RR.
Terms of membership:
- Annual external membership of Writtle University College library costs £20 per year
- Free membership is extended for one calendar year to students leaving the University College
- Members will be issued with a membership card stating the expiry date of their membership
- Members may use the library for reference during core opening hours, Monday to Friday*
- Members may borrow up to four items at a time; items are renewable up to three times
- Fines for overdue items are charged at 20p per day per item
- Members are not entitled to computer access at the University College
- Members may use the library's photocopiers; copies are charge at 5p per black and white page and 20p per colour page
- Members must sign in at main reception and be escorted to and from the library by a member of library staff
*Our core opening times are 8.30 am - 9.00 pm, Monday to Friday from September to June. Opening times vary at other times of the year. Please check our opening times before making a visit via http://library.writtle.ac.uk or by telephoning 01245 424245.