Level 5 Operations / Departmental Manager (Apprenticeship)
Our Level 5 Operations / Department Manager Apprenticeship allows you to gain essential management skills and expertise by applying your learning directly into the workplace whilst in paid employment.
This 18 month programme is recognised by the Chartered Management Institute (CMI) and will enhance your ability to apply core management skills and techniques into the workplace, including:
- Operational Management Approaches and Models
- Business Management Principles
- Performance Management
- Leadership Styles and Techniques
- Project and Risk Management
- Change Management
- Work in a management role in your chosen industry for a minimum of 30 hours per week, accountable to a more senior manager or business owner.
- Manage teams and / or projects, achieving operational or departmental goals and objectives as part of the delivery of the organisations strategy.
- Gain a CMI L5 recognised qualification and corresponding membership of the Chartered Managers Institute.
- Complete Functional Skills in English and Maths or there is the option to study for Maths and English GCSE (depending on previous qualifications)*.
- Complete work-related tasks and assessments.
- Be taught through interactive and applied techniques such as lectures, workshops, online learning and tutorials with business experts, in addition to the work-based learning taking place with your employer.
- Receive mentoring visits in your workplace from your Writtle University College Training Officer, who will provide support, assess and review your progress.
- Be assessed and graded with either a pass, merit or distinction at the end of your programme by an Independent Assessment Organisation.
Good to know....
- The course comes at no cost to you as the learner, as your employer will be involved with financing the qualification.
- This programme has a CMI Level 5 Diploma in Management and Leadership embedded into the course structure, attending WUC for monthly day release, meaning you will gain an additional qualification during your studies and have automatic student membership of the Chartered Management Institute.
- The programme is available to all types of employers. If you work in the land based sectors there is an additional opportunity to access customised tutorial support from subject experts.
What are the progression options?
- Operational Manager
- Regional Manager
- Divisional Manager
- Department Manager
How do I apply?
I don't have an employerIf you are interested in becoming an Apprentice, but don't have an employer please visit our website for tips on how to find an employer and to see a list of our current Apprenticeship vacancies.
I have an employerIf you have secured or are already in relevant paid employment with an employer willing to support you through the apprenticeship please complete the application form.
Our opening hours (UK time)Monday to Thursday 9am-5pm
We are here to helpIf you have any questions about becoming an apprentice or have a query about employing an apprentice, contact us.
£391,443 - a Chartered Manager's average added value to their organisation
Source: Survey of 535 Chartered Managers, CMI January 2015