HALL FEES 2019-20
TYPE OF ROOM AVAILABLE
*Hall Fees HE
*Hall Fees FE
|Large single ensuite
Hamilton / Tabor 2 (double bed)
|Standard single ensuite
Maddison / Tabor (1,3)
|Standard single with basin
Harvey / Dent
|Large single no basin
Strutt (double bed)
|Standard single no basin
Gill / Strutt (small)
- All rooms are single occupancy only (unless stated otherwise).
- Once a room offer has been made, a payment of £225 is required (£200 refundable damage deposit, £25 non-refundable administration fee).
- Hall fees for a full residential session are charged in three termly instalments as shown. The fees entitle students to room occupancy for the residential session.
- Hall fees include a meal allowance to be taken in the Garden Room restaurant and other outlets on campus during term-time. Meals are not included during the Christmas and Easter holidays. Further details can be found in the Residents Handbook. No refunds are available for any meals not taken.
Accommodation Request FormAccommodation Request Form Download - (Word) or (pdf)
Points to consider
- All halls of residence are strictly non smoking.
- Halls are a large community of students of mixed ages, sexes and from different cultures and backgrounds – can be fun but can take some getting used to!
- All hall fees include a meal provision equivalent to up to **10 meals per week (term time) – if you prefer to do all your own cooking you may prefer to live off campus.
- You will be committed to taking a room for a full residential session and will have to pay for any periods you maybe away, including study tours.
- The room is yours through the Christmas and Easter Breaks – we do not ask students to move out!
- You may not have lectures every day and home may be close enough to go home every weekend. An alternative may be to live in lodgings off campus Mon-Fri.
- Bedroom – with wardrobe, bed (some double), desk and chair, shelving, notice board, curtains, carpets.
- Cleaning - communal areas
- Common Room/Snack kitchen – with toaster, hob, microwave & combi microwave, kettle, fridge.
- Internet Access – included in hall fees.
- Meals – term time, excluding Christmas and Easter (Catering Services).
- Safe – a free safe for valuables in each room.
- Toilet facilities – check your halls details for the level of provision.
- Car Parking
Processing applicationsApplications for a place in halls will be sent with an offer of a place to study at Writtle. If you decide to accept Writtle as your first choice to study, you can return the halls application with your acceptance of the course offer. All students who intend to study on a full time course at Writtle are welcome to apply. Allocations for halls places will begin in April.
Students who are under 18 years of age will not be considered for a place in halls unless they are studying on an Undergraduate course. (Terms and Conditions apply).
The Student Accommodation Code
Where you live whilst studying is a big part of being at university, which is why WUC has signed up to The Student Accommodation Code. The Code protects our students' rights to safe, good quality on campus accommodation, to ensure our students get the best out of their time living in residences. It outlines everything students can expect from our accommodation as well as their responsibilities. We are fully committed to providing a safe, comfortable living environment which will help support our students in leading a successful and enjoyable student life and The Student Accommodation Code underpins this commitment. Details of the Code can be obtained from the Accommodation Office or go to www.thesac.org.uk
* There will be a few rooms in some halls that have a different sized bed to that indicated. You will be notified of the bed size with the room offer.
** Assumes meal deals @ £4 each