Further Education and Training
Writtle students are high achievers!
Writtle University College is celebrating the results of its Further Education students having achieved high success rates in a national survey.
- TOP 3 for 16 to 18 year old Further Education achievement rates
- 85.4% achievement rate for 16-18 year olds
- Compared to Landex average of 78.3%
- TOP 5 for overall Further Education achievement rates
- 86.5% overall achievement rate
- Compared to Landex average of 81.5%
- TOP 4 for 19+ learners Further Education achievement rates
- 90.7% achievement rate for 19+ year olds
- Compared to Landex average of 86.8%
- Also in TOP 2 for Level 3 and Level 1 achievement rates for 19+ learners
The specialist courses at Writtle University College provide an excellent mix of both practical and theoretical learning, setting up our students perfectly for a rewarding career once they've completed their studies with us.
Our picturesque campus offers an idyllic setting for students to flourish and contributes towards an enjoyable community atmosphere. Our Further Education courses are ideal for those that have just completed their GCSEs, as well as mature learners who are looking to get back into education.
Writtle offers a variety of courses in vocational subjects and our friendly and supportive staff will help you find the course which best suits your needs and level of experience.
People are more likely to find employment, earn more and progress in education and at work with a good level of English and Maths. If you are 16-19 years old and have not yet achieved A* to C in English / and or maths, you will continue to study these; if you are over 19 you will be encouraged to do the same.
On completion of a further education programme students are encouraged to progress on to a higher level award. For more information, see our Progression page.