Caring for animals requires a high level of dedication and strong practical skills. At Writtle University College (WUC), we will prepare you with all of the required skills and knowledge necessary for a successful career within the veterinary industry.
Did you know?
- WUC has more than 250 farm livestock on site, over 50 horses and over 500 small animals!
- The Animal Studies centre includes its own aquatic, reptile and companion animal rooms
- WUC's animal range is constantly growing and evolving
- The Dog Grooming unit is equipped with the latest resources and is used by all types of dog
- Industry-standard equipment is used as part of WUC animal courses
Our veterinary nursing college courses are open to post-GCSE school leavers as well as mature learners who are looking to study on a part-time or full-time basis.
Teaching at WUC is based on a mixture of lectures, practicals, projects and assignment work, which will enhance your learning experience. In addition, the department works to promote quality and high standards throughout the industry and raise awareness of animal welfare issues.
Throughout your course, you will continue to develop your Maths and English skills. This will develop your employability!
Upon completion of a WUC veterinary nursing course, you will be a qualified veterinary nurse and can seek employment at a veterinary practice, or you will also have the opportunity to progress on to a degree at the WUC