At Writtle University College (WUC), we offer a number of different pathways in sport, such as sports coaching, performance and excellence, as well as our unique outdoor adventure course. Our highly-qualified sports team have a great mix of experiences and specialisms, including physiotherapy, fitness & coaching, sports development, and lecturers that compete at international-level.
Did you know?
- Each WUC sports course comes with a fitness instructor qualification
- WUC students go on external trips and visits to places such as The Queen Elizabeth II Olympic Park
- On-campus facilities include a recreation centre, with multi-functional sports hall, fully-equipped fitness suite and squash court!
- WUC students get access to the latest equipment, such as watt bikes, video analysis equipment, health-screening tools and gas analysis equipment
- After completing a WUC sports course, opportunities include physiotherapy, sports teaching, coaching and degrees!
At WUC, you will use the large estate as a focus for sport activities, with easy access to facilities. The campus boasts floodlit tennis and netball courts, football and rugby pitches and a cricket square. The Recreation Centre on campus contains a number of health and fitness resources that you will use in order to maximise your learning, including cardiovascular and resistance machinery with a free-weights area, sports hall and squash court.
Our sports college courses are open to post-GCSE school leavers as well as mature learners who are looking to study on a full-time or part-time basis.
Careers in sport are very diverse and cover many sectors, including professional sport, coaching, sport teaching, management and outdoor pursuits (to name but a few). After completing your studies with WUC, you will also have the opportunity to progress on to a sports degree at WUC or elsehwere.
Throughout your course, you will continue to develop your Maths and English skills. This will develop your employability!