- Level 4 Higher Diploma in Floristry
- Level 3 Diploma in Floristry
- Level 2 Diploma in Floristry
- Advanced College Certificate in Floristry
- Intermediate College Certificate in Floristry
- Foundation College Certificate in Floristry
- Level 1 Introduction to Floristry
- Photography NCFE Level 2
- Photography NCFE Level 1 Award
The art of Floristry is said to be one of the happiest professions. This industry is worth over £2.2 billion in the UK and, with over 8,400 independent businesses in the country, it's where creative and artistic people like you can really bloom.
DID YOU KNOW?
- WUC has a track record for success and you could be involved with creating designs at Chelsea Flower Show and Hampton Court Palace Flower Show
- You will have the opportunity to travel to Belgium to see an inspirational floral show
- You will have the option to do a workshop with a Dutch floral designer in Holland
- Previous students have gained employment with prestigious floristry businesses including Jane Packer, Claridges, Neill Strain, Jamie Aston and McQueens as well as jobs overseas
Our beautiful campus is in the heart of the Essex countryside with London - the creative centre for new floral trends - just 35 minutes away by train. By studying at WUC, you will learn about the theories and practices of art and design in floristry from engaging industry experts.
WUC has a purpose-built floristry building on campus, giving you exclusive use of four dedicated workshops throughout your studies. You will have extensive practise in creating hand-tied designs and floral arrangements for a range of briefs including weddings, funerals and sympathy tributes as well as styling and decorating venues. You will study and respond to emerging and in vogue trends and colour palettes, and learn how to care for a diverse collection of plants and flowers.
You will have the opportunity to travel to flower markets, auctions and growers in Holland and visit wholesalers, professional florists and markets across London. You will be required to find a work placement to get hands-on experience. And you will do all of this alongside learning fundamental and relevant knowledge of the industry, and business skills such as the buying of cut flowers.
Study Floristry at WUC and you could have a fulfilling career by establishing your own business or working as an assistant, working as a florist in the event and hotel industry, flower wholesalers or in styling for corporate businesses. With enough professional experience you could also go into teaching.
If you would like to study Floristry at a higher level you can progress on to university, including courses at WUC such as our three year Professional Floristry and Floral Design degree.