- Level 3 Advanced Technical Certificate in Equine Management
- Level 3 Advanced Technical Diploma in Equine Management
- Level 3 Advanced Technical Extended Diploma in Equine Management
- Level 3 Work-Based Diploma in Horse Care
- Level 2 Technical Certificate in Equine Care
- Level 2 Work-Based Diploma in Horse Care
- Level 1 Work-Based Diploma in Horse Care
- BHS Stage 1 Certificate in Horse Care
- BHS Stage 2 Certificate in Horse Care
- BHS Stage 3 Certificate in Horse Care
If you have some experience of horses and want a career in the equine industry, we have the resources and expertise to prepare you with the practical skills, knowledge and academic understanding you need to achieve your goals.
DID YOU KNOW?
- WUC has a working stud unit which is home to a variety of broodmares, foals, stallions and young stock
- We have extensive links with organisations such as the British Horse Racing Authority (BHRA) and a variety of British Horse Society (BHS) approved riding schools
- As part of your studies, you will go on a range of trips throughout the year including Olympia Horse Show, The National Stud and Tiptree Heath Nature Reserve
Are you ready to pursue your dreams?
By studying at WUC, you will spend most of your time on our dedicated equine campus which is home to around 50 horses, including those for riding. Our specialist facilities include two indoor arenas, an Olympic sized outdoor arena, a horse walker, and a cross country course. We also have facilities for breeding and stud work.
In the core modules of the courses you will learn about equine health, stable routines and tack fitting, but you will also study diverse and innovative units such as equine behaviour and therapy, horse training techniques, the biological systems of a horse, and event management. You will develop practical skills such as grooming, clipping, riding and lunging as well as equine first aid. Yard duties are also a key part of every course.
When you complete your studies, you will be equipped with the relevant experience you need to begin your career. You could go on to work in sports, such as racing, polo or training horses or train as a riding instructor. You could find a job in nutrition, welfare or equine insurance or work as a competition groom or yard manager.
After your course, there are also opportunities to study at a higher level with us or elsewhere. Students can choose to stay on with us as we teach a variety of university courses in Equine.