- Level 3 Advanced Technical Certificate in Equine Management
- Level 3 Advanced Technical Diploma in Equine Management
- Level 3 Advanced Technical Extended Diploma in Equine Management
- Level 3 Work-Based Diploma in Horse Care
- Level 2 Technical Certificate in Equine Care
- Level 2 Work-Based Diploma in Horse Care
- Level 1 Work-Based Diploma in Horse Care
- BHS Stage 1 Certificate in Horse Knowledge and Care
- BHS Stage 2 Certificate in Horse Knowledge and Care
- BHS Stage 3 Certificate in Horse Knowledge and Care
Looking to start studying
If you are looking for a course starting this September, speak to one of our knowledgeable and helpful advisors to discuss your options.
Telephone: 01245 424200 / 01245 424250
Writtle University College (WUC) is one of the leading equine colleges in the UK. Our campus boasts a range of specialist equine facilities and over 50 horses!
At WUC, we provide stabling on site and incorporate a range of stable designs. There are two indoor riding arenas, outdoor arenas, a horse walker, therapy barns, jumping paddocks and a cross country course. By studying with us, you can develop practical skills, from grooming, tacking up and clipping, through to lungeing and first aid skills.
The WUC equine courses combine theory with practical learning so you have the knowledge and skills required to pursue your chosen career.
Did you know?
- WUC has over 50 horses on site
- In addition to an Olympic-size outdoor arena, the campus includes stables and artificial insemination collection areas
- You will be able to participate in yard duties as part of your course
- After your course, you can go on to be a riding instructor, stud groom, equine physiotherapist, yard manager (to name but a few options)
- You can study BHEST Level 2 and 3 qualifications as part of your course
We are proud that WUC also boasts an extensive working stud unit, which houses a variety of broodmares, foals, stallions and young stock. It operates as a commercial stud and as an excellent educational facility.
Our equine college courses are open to post-GCSE school leavers as well as mature learners who are looking to study part-time or full-time.
After completing an equine college course, you can progress on to your chosen career in the equine industry with practical jobs such as being a stud groom, riding instructor, equine physiotherapist or yard manager. Alternatively you can progress on to university equine courses here at WUC or elsewhere.
Throughout your course, you will continue to develop your Maths and English skills. This will develop your employability!