Art & Design
Looking to start studying
If you are looking for a course starting this September, speak to one of our knowledgeable and helpful advisors to discuss your options.
Telephone: 01245 424200 / 01245 424250
Art & Design Exhibition 2017
Studying Art & Design at Writtle University College (WUC) will help you combine creativity, visual awareness and technical ability to develop your own skills in a way that reflects the traditional and contemporary arts environment today.
Subjects include drawing, painting, sculpture, graphics, three dimensional (3D) design, fashion, textiles, theatre display, and interior or garden design. The course aims to extend your critical independence and enable you to demonstrate a full understanding of the application of art and design.
Did you know?
- You can specialise in your own area of interest - whether that's photography, fashion, digital art or something entirely different!
- WUC studios are supported with the very latest specialist equipment including graphic software and 3D printers
- You can showcase your work at the end-of-year exhibition, which is open to the public!
- Studying Art & Design at WUC will allow you to visit many galleries, and enhance your learning of all types of art
- Photography is an additional learning goal and qualification
At WUC, we have four multidisciplinary Art & Design studios and a computer-aided design centre that provide outstanding resources for all students taking design-based studies. The studios are supported with specialist up to date design and graphic software, more traditional lecture and seminar rooms.
Our Art & Design college courses are open to post-GCSE school leavers as well as mature learners looking to study full-time or part-time.
On completing an Art & Design course at WUC, you can progress on to an Art and Design degree at the University College itself or elsewhere, in addition to employment opportunities in industry.
Throughout your course, you will continue to develop your Maths and English skills. This will develop your employability!