Pre-Sessional English Language (PSEL) courses at Writtle University College
Writtle University College is committed to supporting you as you prepare for higher study. Our English courses are designed to build your confidence and skills so you can successfully start your studies in UK Higher Education. Our well-qualified and dedicated teaching staff are experienced in raising standards of English with students from many different nations.
Our courses can offer you:
- Tuition in all English language skills in preparation for academic studies in UK Higher Education
- Introduction to styles of teaching in the UK, academic teaching staff and departments
- Use of University College facilities: library, computing services, sports and other recreational facilities
- Orientation to living in England and British culture
- Visits programme to important cultural locations such as London and Cambridge
- Accommodation on campus from £112 - £150 per week which includes a meal allowance, cleaning, Wi-Fi, access to a laundry room and a safe
- A chance to make friends before you commence your degree course
- Small class sizes of 10 to 12 people so you will receive a high level of support
Please email your completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively you can post your completed Application Form to:
Writtle University College
2017 Course Dates
Duration: 18 weeks (20 weeks in total)
18 April – 1 September 2017
(includes two course breaks 29 May – 2 June & 17 – 21 July)
Duration: 12 weeks (13 weeks in total)
5 June – 1 September 2017
(includes one mid-course break 17 – 21 July)
Duration: 6 weeks
24 July – 1 September 2017
Which course is right for me?
Look for your current overall IELTS score in the table below to identify the relevant PSEL course for you.
|Intended course of study||PSEL 1||PSEL 2||PSEL 3|
|Foundation Degree or HE Certificate / Diploma||4.0||4.5||5.0|
|Master's Degree or PhD||5.0||5.5||6.0|
The scores detailed above for Further Education and Foundation courses are determined by UKVI and refer to scores defined by the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) B1. This is the minimum English proficiency required by UKVI for students coming to the UK to study pre-sessional courses.
Tuition fees and Accommodation costs:
|Course||Tuition Fee||Accommodation Costs|
(Deposit payment of £2,100 must be made by 07.03.17, remainder by 3.4.17)
|20 weeks at £112 - £150
(Full payment required by 25.04.17)
|13 weeks at £112 - £150
(Full payment required by 26.6.17)
|6 weeks at £112 - £150
If you are coming to study on a PSEL course to meet a condition of your offer on your main course you can apply for a Tier 4 (general) visa for PSEL but this may not cover your main programme. This is also the case for all students whose main course is below NQF Level 6. You will be granted a visa until the end of PSEL plus one month.
TelephoneInternational Line: +44 (0) 1245 424270
We are here to help
If you have any questions about applying to study here, would like an update on the status of your application, or have a query about what you need to do next, please contact us.