Sports staff at Writtle are actively involved on consultancy, including coaching and sports science support. We welcome enquiries from athletes and teams interested in using sports science to improve their performance.
Writtle is involved in research in sport in the field of Notational Analysis, coaching, performance psychology and fitness testing. The Centre for Exercise & Health has recently been opened which has enabled the provision of greater research opportunities for the students on the Sport & Exercise Courses. The department is actively involved in research within the following areas:
- Leadership gender & team performance
- Team cohesion & performance
- Coach Verbal communication
- Match analysis
- Neuromuscular characteristics as determinants of endurance performance
- Central governor theory of fatigue